META 2019 art and design exhibition for year 11 and 12
Hey there Art and Design and welcoming Photography Teachers,
We are writing to let you know that the submissions for META exhibition are now open and due by Friday 31 May
We are here to talk by phone or email if you are having a problem.
We can accept a maximum of 3 art and 3 design entries per school
Photographs can be submitted through art and design but in 2019 we welcome 3 photo-media entries per school from students studying photography/digital media.
ONLINE APPLICATION AT THE BOTTOM
The META art and design exhibition will be presented by North Metropolitan TAFE (NMT) in August.
The exhibition showcases innovative and exciting creative works completed by year 11 and 12 students enrolled in Visual Art/ Design or Media courses.
META complements North Metro TAFE’s prestigious art, design and photography programs and acknowledges the excellence and originality of budding artist/designers/photographers in senior secondary schools across WA.
We would like to encourage entries from and consolidate our relationships with students in the following courses –
· VET Art & Design Certificates
· Design – General
· Design – ATAR
· Visual Arts – General
· Visual Arts – ATAR
· Photography studies
Prizes are awarded for the most outstanding works selected for exhibition. The prizes is a NMTAFE short course in art, design or media.
Certificates of excellence will be issued to the exhibiting students.
NMTAFE short courses voucher is valid for 12 months but may be subject to change. NMTAFE short courses are not assessed, they are for over 16 years and they are after hours.
Awards will be announced at the event launch at North Metro TAFE’s Gallery Central Tuesday 6 August 2019.
Exhibition on show 5-24 August at 12 Aberdeen St, Northbridge.
All Western Australian Years 11 and 12 secondary school students who are currently studying any Visual Art and/or Design WACE or VET courses or other Photo Media are invited to submit works via their teacher for selection in META.
· Schools are responsible for the pre-selection of up to a maximum of 3 art and 3 design and 3 photo media entries per school (photos or video works submitted by art or design students count as art or design entries)
· We would welcome a variety of entries from ATAR, VET and General Studies.
· Only one submission per student
· Schools will ensure that submitted work does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any person or corporation and that it is the students’ original work.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. Work submitted must have been completed during the year of entry ().
2. Do not submit offensive, dangerous or unstable works.
3. Works using power must be tagged for compliance.
4. All work must be well constructed and suitable for exhibition purposes.
5. Work must either be provided ready-to-hang – either framed or able to be displayed as is.
6. It is preferred that works on paper be mounted and framed with perspex, not glass.
7. If an art/design work comprises several components, directions for layout must be supplied.
8. NMT reserves the right to display works as they see appropriate.
9. All due care and attention will be taken with the works submitted. However, NMT accepts no responsibility or liability for loss or damage to works during drop-off, storage or exhibition.
10. Any work included in the exhibition must remain on display for the period of the exhibition and must not be removed
SELECTION OF WORKS
Panels formed by the art, design and photography schools of North Metro TAFE will review all works submitted and recommend works to be exhibited. Their decision is final.
Judging for this award will focus on creativity, the exploration of ideas and skills.
|Closing date for submission of entries:
digital images together with online entry forms must be submitted by:
|Friday 31 May|
|Schools will be advised of work selected for exhibition||Friday 28 June|
|Delivery of work to Gallery Central:
works selected for exhibition must be delivered between 9 and 5 or by appointment
|Monday 29 July|
|Exhibition Opening:||6pm Tuesday 6 Aug|
|Exhibition public opening times
(M-F 10.00-16.30, SAT 12-4):
|Mon 5 Aug – Fri 24 August|
|Works must be collected:
Contact or ring 9427 1318 if you need to make delivery or collection arrangements
|Monday 26 August|
We look forward to working with you this year
Best wishes, Thelma and Predrag
North Metropolitan TAFE
Online entry form: