The meta 2017 art and design exhibition will be presented by North Metropolitan TAFE (NMT) in August 2017. The exhibition showcases innovative and exciting creative works completed by year 11 and 12 students enrolled in Visual Art and Design courses.
meta complements North Metro TAFE’s prestigious art and design programs and acknowledges the excellence and originality of budding artist/designers in senior secondary schools across WA.
We would like to encourage entries from and consolidate our relationships with students in the following courses –
- VET Art & Design Certificates
- Design – General
- Design – ATAR
- Visual Arts – General
- Visual Arts – ATAR
Four prizes are awarded for the most outstanding works selected for exhibition. The prizes are awarded to the student this year – a SLICE short course in art or design. Certificates of excellence will be issued to the exhibiting students.
SLICE courses voucher is valid for 12 months but may be subject to change. SLICE courses are not assessed, they are for over 16 years and they are after hours. Check out here: https://slice.central.wa.edu.au/Pages/Courses.aspx
Awards will be announced at the event launch at North Metro TAFE’s Gallery Central Tuesday 1 August, 2017.
Exhibition on show 2-18 August at 12 Aberdeen St, Northbridge.
All Western Australian Years 11 and 12 secondary school students who are currently studying any Visual Art and/or Design WACE or VET courses in 2017 are invited to submit works for selection in meta 2017.
- Schools are responsible for the pre-selection of up to a maximum of 3 art and/or design entries per school
- We would welcome a variety of entries from ATAR, VET and General Studies.
- Only one submission per student
- Schools will ensure that submitted work does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any person or corporation and that it is the students’ original work.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Work submitted must have been completed during the year of entry (2017).
- Do not submit offensive, dangerous or unstable works.
- Works using power must be tagged for compliance.
- All art/design work must be well constructed and suitable for exhibition purposes.
- Art/design work must either be provided ready-to-hang – either framed or able to be displayed as is.
- It is preferred that works on paper be mounted and framed with perspex, not glass.
- If an art/design work comprises several components, directions for layout must be supplied.
- NMT reserves the right to display works as they see appropriate.
- All due care and attention will be taken with the works submitted. However, NMT accepts no responsibility or liability for loss or damage to art/design works during drop-off, storage or exhibition.
- Any work included in the exhibition must remain on display for the period of the exhibition and must not be removed
SELECTION OF WORKS
Panels formed by the art and design schools of North Metro TAFE will review all works submitted and recommend works to be exhibited. Their decision is final.
Judging for this award will focus on creativity, the exploration of ideas and skills.
|Closing date for submission of entries:
digital images together with online entry forms must be submitted by
Thurs 1 June 2017
|Schools will be advised of work selected for exhibition||Monday 26 June|
|Delivery of work to Gallery Central:
works selected for exhibition must be delivered between 9 and 5
or by appointment
|Monday 24 July|
|Exhibition Opening:||6pm Tuesday 1 Aug|
|Exhibition public opening times (M-F 10.00-16.30, SAT 12-4):||Wed 2 Aug–Fri 18 August|
|Works must be collected:
Contact or ring 9427 1318 if you need to make delivery or collection arrangements
|Monday 21 August|